Installing Sumo on Joomla
Attention: Your website must be a Joomla.org and NOT a Joomla.com website.
If you have not already signed up for Sumo, check out the Getting Started with Sumo Guide before following the instructions below.
- Sign into your Joomla Control Panel and click Templates located under the "Configuration" heading on the left (NOTE: On older versions of Joomla! this will be displayed as Template Manager).
- Click on your active site template name (indicated by a star next to the name). In this case, it is Protostar.
- Click index.php in the file list on the left hand side (located under the "Editor" tab.)
- Paste the Sumo code inside of the head tags within index.php (make sure that the code is in between the two head tags)
- Click Save & Close.
- Click on your website name (located in the upper right corner of your admin area) to preview your site and access Sumo.
- Congrats, you're all done! Navigate to the top right corner of your website and enter your Sumo credentials to start using Sumo!