Integrating with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly Exact Target)
Connecting to Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Exact Target) in Sumo is quick and easy. Just follow the quick start guide below!
This feature is a Pro Integration and available on the following plans:
Exact Target integration details
Details required to connect: Your Exact Target Authentication Target, Client ID and Client Secret
To create your Client ID and Secret for Exact Target you will need to create an App Center Account. Once that's set up, here are instructions from Salesforce on how to create them.
Key integration features:
- Mailing List: Select a Exact Target list to push new Sumo subscribers to
- Data Extension: You can optionally select to push new Sumo subscribers to a Data Extension in Exact Target
Connecting to Exact Target in Sumo
- Log into Sumo!
- Click on the Settings (gear) icon at the top-right of the Launcher
- Open the Launcher Settings menu at the top-right of the Launcher and select Settings
- Click on the Exact Target integration
- Enter your Exact Target Authentication Target, Client ID and Client Secret and click Connect
- Select the Exact Target list you want to push new Sumo subscribers to
- (Optional) If you'd like to push new Sumo subscribers to a Data Extension instead, select the Data Extension and Email Attribute from that Data Extension
- Click Save!
Setting up extra fields in Exact Target
Sumo offers the ability to set up multiple fields in your opt-in forms. This include standard fields such as First Name, Last Name and Phone Number. You can also set up completely Custom Fields or Hidden Fields!
Check out our guide on Fields HERE.
In order to make sure that any extra fields you've set up will correctly pass into Exact Target, check out our guide HERE.
Choosing separate lists per-popup
In Sumo, you can choose to push different Campaigns/Popups to different lists in Exact Target.
Check out our guide to setting up campaign-level integrations!